Sunday, July 15, 2007

10...9....8....7....

Well, it's the day before the night I leave for the Big Adventure. Tonight after dinner with my family (HEEEYY Famleee! Mad props and big ups, y'all!!!!!), I drive out to McAdams' place, which is far away in a suburb of my metropolis; I'll call it "Crisco". It's so far out that I include it in the Big Adventure as the first leg of the trip, though I doubt I'll have any photos to post. Tomorrow we wake up at first light, and, after McAdams dresses me, makes my breakfast and loads the car, we're off!!!! (I'm not a morning person).

Before all that begins, I'd like to sincerely thank all for you who have posted comments or told me nice things about the blog. It has been way more fun than I expected, and it's really nice of you to tune in and take the time to read my rants, musings and ramblings. Oh, sure, not all the comments have been favorable (I get it! I write sentences that are too long! The huge paragraphs make you cross-eyed! I might be schizophrenic! Some people need drugs to maintain balance and a healthy equilibrium!), but I will get better, and, more importantly, who cares what you have to say! Who are you, Gary Cogill? Donald Trump? The drummer girl from the White Stripes? I don't have to listen to you!

Also, enormous gracias to Salty and Ed, who are my number one supporters in everything I do (and who are lawyers, which keeps me from serving jail time for some of the things that I do); my parents, who gave me gifts, like the love of things odd and small, that allow me to see beauty everywhere; AE and EA, who make me laugh and teach me things and are in my head and heart always; Brenda, who thinks I am artistic; George, who thinks I'm autistic; Miss Mary, who thinks I'm fit; Denichiwa, who likes how I dance and thinks I'm clever when I'm drunk; KB, who just likes me; June, who knows a better way; Lydia, who can do anything, and shows others that they can also; and He-who-shall-remain-nameless, for making me laugh and sing. I lovelovelove you all.

Finally, to the Stern Sunday Gang, I'll see you in three weeks!!!!

Take care everybody, and check in - I'm sure I'll have lots to say!

3 comments:

KAB said...

And we love you back. Bon voyage, mon petite sweet! KAB

Rik Heller said...

Ok. I've cancelled the DullMornNews, Tivo and lowered the minutes plan on my phone.

I am taking the time to make the time to keep up.

The excitement builds. I hope you all can differentiate a brown bear from a care bear. Any confusion could be bad for all. But by all means, don't hesitate to write about the gory details.

Hope you have the time of your life.

That reminds me of one of my fave teen age Bar Mitzvah reception songs (not the Village People one) which sounds like it was written for you.

Cut and Pasted by Rik:

Another turning point;
a fork stuck in the road.
Time grabs you by the wrist;
directs you where to go.
So make the best of this test
and don't ask why.
It's not a question
but a lesson learned in time.
It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
So take the photographs
and still frames in your mind.
Hang it on a shelf
In good health and good time.
Tattoos of memories
and dead skin on trial.
For what it's worth,
it was worth all the while.
It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.
-Green Day

Unknown said...

I rove you too! Miss you! Enjoying the blog... find me a skirt!