Wednesday, July 18, 2007

First leg: Tx, Co, and Jackson Hole

Hello from the road everyone! We are well and having a great time. Sorry for not posting regularly: I made a slight miscalculation for the Big Adventure blog idea; most of the places we are staying are remote and somewhat podunk, so they don't have Internet access. Oops! My bad! Also, it seems that McAdams would rather spend her vacation out in the beautiful mountains than stuck in some nerdy internet cafe - go figure! Here's a brief summation of what has happened so far:


TEXAS: We left our native Cuba (got that cyberstalkers? Cuba!) and crossed the Texas panhandle. I cannot begin to express to you the vast, sucking nothingness that is the Texas panhandle. Miles and miles of dying towns, dilapidated trucks and endless, open, flat areas broken only by little shack on the prarie. McAdams thought a good idea for a bumper sticker would be "Welcome to West Texas, where you can watch your dog run away for days." Not much to report from there, except I saw a tarantula. And almost got arrested.








COLORADO: We spent about a minute on the highway in New Mexico, which was more of the same flat boring monotony, rolling out much like the burp of a fat, drunken man. As soon as we crossed into Co., things started looking up. We went to a castle inthe Lake Isabel National Forest. It was hand built by one man, Jim Bishop, starting in 1968. It is amazing. He did everything himself; stone work, wrought iron, stained glass; it was a bit rickety but an amazing feat of artistry, set on the side of a mountain. Igot the opportunity to talk to Mr. Bishop himself when he called me over from atop a tractor to asked how I liked his creation. I told him it was amazing and that I was astounded by his vision and effort. He told me that the goverment was evil and should all go to hell with the Satan they worshipped. He said everything was controlled by Lord Rothchild and that things had not been the same since Roosevelt. He was very anti-Roosevelt. Also anti-Israel, the pope, taxpayers, zoning, Nazis and The Encyclopedia Brittanica. I think he liked me, though.




1 comment:

splenda said...

How odd,on the same day I read your blog I was having a conversation with a guy at the goldrush, and he referred to the people as "sheeple" I smell a conspiracy, or possibly wool.
I will buy that bumper sticker. very funny. I miss you already my friend.
Splenda