Wednesday, July 18, 2007

First leg, part two








The steps in the castle are so steep that both McAdams and I have sore thighs. It has a big iron ball on one side that swayed and shook in the wind; I didn't go into it. It had a friendly dragon guarding over the whole thing (see the bird in his mouth?) I saw chipmunks, deer and a hummingbird. I was not scared of any of them, though the chipmunks were a little unpredictable. I don't know if you can see it, but in the sign Mr. Bishop put up outside of the castle, it refers to the masses as 'sheeple'. I like that.




Now we are in Wyoming, on our way to the Grand Tetons. It is FANTASTIC here. It is big and winding, with clear running waters and amazing color schemes everywhere. It's stimulating and tranquil at the same time. Here we are happy on the road. I'll post as soon as I can. We are thinking of all of you!




















*****************************BONUS PICTURES!!!!!!*********************************



1. Sign taped over toilet in Quanah, Tx.



2. The antler arch in Jackson, WY (no aniamls were injured or killed in the making or taking of the arch or photo)


3. McFloozy & friend





5 comments:

Rik Heller said...

Too much smiling. Is this an adventure or what. Oh wait, maybe you are foreshadowing a future event. More exciting than the best of Laverne and Shirley. No small hurdle there. :)Rik

Little Salty said...

Woo! That's some good times. I like sheeple too. Here is a church, here is a sheeple.

At this time, I must inform the cyberstalkers, to be fair, that I have some connection with Eduardo.

If you lick me off a pretzel, I'll be, yours truly,

Salty

Shansta said...

Wow. Them's exciting photos and words! I like the descrips of Texas. It shore is that way - best place to get a speeding ticket, too. I'm so glad you found an opportunity to show us some of your trip...love to yous, Shansta

mackersmom said...

I'm glad you both are having a good time. The photos are great. MacAdams I like your car what I could see of it.Of course the castle is great, like it always is. You guys stay safe. I love you.

Thad Spalding said...

I find a few flaws in the castle-man's diatribe regarding driver's licenses, but, hey, I'll agree its a pain in the a-- to go get one. Wanting you to take a test and prove that you have some semblance of knowledge regarding road safety, and whatnot. For squares. Time certainly better spent constructing your own iron dragon, wall of stained glass, or a lovely arch made of deer antlers.

But, what's he got against the Encyclopedia Britannica, other than the historically liberal slant it gives to Aardvarks, etc?

Bloggingly yours,

Ed