Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Me, Glorious Me!

Greetings, blogstahs! Before I really get in to today's post, let me just say that this blog has become an opportunity for me to take a deeply introspective look at myself (I guess if it's introspective, what other than myself would I be looking at? Of course with me, you never really know who you'll meet in there."Hello, people in my head! How do you do? Hey, new guy! What's your name? Nosferatu? Pleasure to make your acquaintance! Meet the ladies from the Starland Vocal Band !") I have confronted fears and celebrated triumphs, examining the pearls of experience that, once polished and strung together, have become the beautiful and unique necklace that is ME. Here is the truth I have discovered about myself for today: Actually, it gives me no satisfaction to pen this cyber-journal in a vacuum, for myself on the journey to my own edification. I crave the acknowledgment and approval of others, and rejoice in their commentary on my wit and insight. What do I care about internal satisfaction and self-worth? I don't need to contemplate my own value as a human; I want everyone else to know how fantastic I am! Perhaps allowing others to benefit from my brilliance will become my life's work. It will be a tough row to hoe, but since I am about to be a tough ho on the road, I accept the challenge and will try not to let you, my peeps, down.

So, having talked a bit about me, let's talk about my blog. Guess what? My blog has been read in Canada, England and Australia (G'day to you too, McMother!), and may will be on its way to France and Belgium. Cool, huh?* True, the guy from England (I'll call him "Pommey Basturd") is only interested in "seeing [my] slow descent into madness", and some people have not been all together helpful in allaying my fears (Little Salty is already preparing my eulogogy), but any commentary is good commentary, I s'pose.

I haven't really been doing too much to prepare for my trip, on account of all the parties that have been thrown in my honor. Last night, my Japanese friend, Denichiwa, took me out to our favorite robata bar for rock and lobstah.


Please notice that we listened to the rock on 92.5 at 9:25. Coincidence? You be the judge!


Needless to say, it was divine. While we were there, we noticed that the valets had parked an convertible, orange Lambourghini convertible right out front. Nothing says "overcompensation for my tiny, pointy manhood" like a ridiculous car, right?


BONUS for AE and EA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l67SLCOYoHA

*NOTE TO CYBERSTALKERS- Clever how I threw you off the trail there, by acting like I wasn't posting from any of those countries, huh? You've got to wake up pretty early in the morning to stalk the Deenstah!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You, glorious you...
You rock chica!
You rock hard!