Monday, July 16, 2007

Crisco's Crack of Dawn

It has begun. McAdams woke me up at 5:30 a.m. I sent her down to make my coffee - effective training begins early- and she woke me again at 5:42. Still too early. Have I mentioned I'm not a morning person?
The car is all packed and we are ready to go. McAdams is all chipper and excited. She is talking to herself and running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Not so attractive so early in the a of m.
Mackersmom and McPoppa: I will take good care of your girl. I will not push her down during a bear stampede (though if she trips, it's every girl for herself.) I will tell her stories and dance the robot with her. I will report on her activities and keep her on the right side of Johnny Law. Thank you for all that you have done in getting us on the road. Yea! Here we go!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Rik Heller said...

Surely we should concude nothing serious here. This is not a setback, I am certain. This is an opportunity and a challenge. In short, DO NOT quit, give up, return to base merely b/c you can't shake it at 5:30 (when the rest of us working stiffs have to).

Now whoever this McAdams, Mackersmom and McPoppa folk are, as a reader, i will be looking for contextual insights or outright explications.

Please don't take offense by my veiled demands here. I was an outspoken critic of elementary texts when i was a tyke kyke. If it wasn't for me, Dick and Jane's Spot would have been ... well ... at best a stain.

You go girl. :)Rik