Saturday, July 7, 2007

I used to think that blogs were ridiculous, made by those who were self-obsessed and pretentious enough to think that their friends, family, yea, even all of cyberspace would be interested in the individual observations, musings, rants and opinions of an every day Joe or Josefa. I mean, anyone who goes to the time and effort to peck out their every mundane thought, and to do it in public, must be pretty darn impressed with herself. Well, it turns out that this is true! I love talking about myself, even if it is only to myself! I find myself fascinating, and if I do say so, downright charming! Better still, I get to see my words on a screen, like tv, in different colors, and with pictures! This is great!!!


Anyhoo, I started this blog because I am about to go on a big adventure with a friend of mine, whom I shall call McAdams, to baffle all the crazy cyber-stalkers who are at this moment scrutinizing this page for clues as to my true identity. We are driving (in a cool convertible!) to Montana and Wyoming, and maybe even heading to Canada, stopping to check out New Mexico, Colorado, Oregon, and other places that I would have to look on the map to chart, on account of I made it all the way through school without ever having to take a geography class. Yep, three weeks of the good times in America, just like Dean Moriarty, Charles Kuralt, or Thelma and Louise. I can't wait!!!! (By the way, if you are a dork like I am, and are interested in things like the hobos of the 1930's, the real see-the-US-like-a-bird-on-a-boxcar folk, there is a great site about the era, http://www.xroads.virginia.edu/. The link on my page is to the hobomania section, but it is all really interesting and easy to navigate.)


So, just to practice loading pictures and creating links (pretty cyber-savvy, non?!), here are some photos of things I will be leaving when I set off on the big adventure.


Hmmm. It seems I have forgotten how to add the pictures. Curses! Not so cyber-savvy after all. It's a good thing nobody is reading this. I'll figure it out and get back to me soon.

3 comments:

mackersmom said...

G'Day Deenster, it's McAdams Mom. Hold your nerves. You will have a blast with McAdams. She's a pro up there. I wish I was going with you guys. I love your blog & pics. I'll be tracking you two until we leave to come back to the US. You guys will have some great stories to tell. Good on ya for starting this site. I'm proud of you. Keep it going. I'm watching you two. See you soon. Love, Mackersmom

Alisa R. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alisa R. said...

Dean! Also if you run out of trip reading you should check out The Areas of My Expertise by John Hodgman. It is a must read for hobo fans.
P.S. I would like to be adopted into the McAdams family. I love lobster and they are funny.